Monday, January 14, 2008

lucid dreams

Except for one dreamless night using the orgone pulser, I've been dreaming about orgone related stuff every night since July. Most of the dreams are quite bizarre with very little likeness to waking reality. Because I can't associate these dreams to waking reality I tend to forget them shortly after I wake up. One thing I do remember is every night a dream tends to go into skipping mode. It's as if part of the dream repeats itself over and over like a skipping record. Sometimes I'll wake up, roll over, and go right back into the skip for a few more hours, only to wake up with the dream fresh in my mind but slowly leaking out until only tiny dream fragments are left.

I decided I should practice lucid dreaming in order to see what these dreams are all about. So, I got a notebook and pen, set it on my nightstand and programed myself to write down my dreams as soon as I wake up to allow me to recall them easier.
The first night I dreamed I wrote in my notebook what I dreamed about and in a groggy haze I woke up and wrote...I dreamed I wrote my dream down. Not quite what I was looking for, so I reprogrammed myself to remember to write down what my dream was about.

Here's the notes from day 2:

Norwegian hot sausage.
They want to save the Norwegian crocs who became pets.
Plasma super net.
Carpet Earths the size of golf balls and oranges.
The round tops got the message.

Because of the notes I was able to recall this particular dream along with some details that don't make a lot of sense. For example: I never knew there was such a thing as Norwegian hot sausage. The Norwegian couple would jokingly call me Bill, as in Bill Shatner. The martinis they made had small oranges in them. The crocodiles seemed to feel at home swimming in the fjords.
But most importantly, who or what are the round tops and why the hell am I dreaming about Norway?

Last night I had a skipping dream that involved a rather large amazon female with big, platinum blond hair holding a white two dimensional rectangle about 9" wide and 12" tall. She held this object so that I could clearly see it while she looked me straight in the eye and patiently repeated something over and over for what seemed like hours. I asked what was with this repeating business and the answer came to me in metaphor. I saw two hands holding a shirt, washing it in a stream. Each time the shirt was plunged into the stream it came out cleaner than before. The hands repeated the wash cycle over and over until the shirt was clean.

It's not the subject matter that's in question but the method. It's not important to know the meaning of the white rectangle any more than understanding the meaning of the wood you practiced with when you learned to drive a nail. It's the use of the hammer that's the lesson. The repeating is a cleansing.

I understand now. It's the first day of school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

everything in your dream represents you. if you will stay very still right when you wake up, do not move from your waking position, you will remember your dream better. then you can write it down. x x x

karmasurfer said...

Been there, done that. I'm not saying I can't remember any dreams, just the ones I don't have a basis of reality in. I can remember dreams of flying, a red shoe or an animal that looks like a ferret-fish because I can associate those things with experience but how can you remember a simple shape or a color you've never imagined because it's not part of our experience spectrum? We interpret our dreams and pigeon-hole them in a best fit method that corresponds with our experiences. But what if you dream of something so totally out of your sphere of reality that even labels like animal, vegetable and mineral don't apply?