Wednesday, February 10, 2010

we're all white

When I was out with friends last night, I never expected this kind of snow deposit.  The last couple days everyone was talking about how much snow we'll get and if they have enough milk, eggs, and bread to sustain them from the Donner ordeal that awaits them, as if french toast is the survival food of the millennium.

I gotta admit, we got a lot of snow and I didn't even bother trying to dig out.  My driveway is a half mile of snow a foot deep.  Getting out is no problem, thanks to gravity, but getting back up the hill might make me kick myself for even fantasizing about joy riding in this stuff.

I can't complain.  After all, it's February in the great north east and if ya can't deal with a little snow, you're living in the wrong place.
Makes me wish I was snowbound in a Canadian lodge with a beautiful canuck, a warm fireplace, and a cask of wine.  Ah...  winter!  Don't ya love it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Webmaster :
Just thought you should know..?..
There's a Canuck who would luv being snowbound.. with YOU... in her Lodge on the Lake. Come wiggle your toes by the fire.. sip some wine with me.. and enjoy a warm Canadian welcome !
P.S. Snowshoes are Optional !
Sincerely,
The Canuck

Rita said...

Ah, what a sweet invitation!! Don't bring your snowshoes!! ha ha!! x x Reet