Friday, May 14, 2010

goin to kansas city

It must be a part of our genetic structure but there's something satisfying about cooking meat over an open fire.  Springtime seems to open our primitive, culinary floodgates with thoughts of different combination's of spices, and new and better ways to prepare mammal flesh enter our consciousness.

There's nothing new about Kansas City Ribs.  They've been around for a long time but I never made em... til yesterday.  All I can say is OH MY GAWD!

A word of warning... If you're of the fast food mindset and want your burgers and dogs the way you want them RIGHT NOW and can't stand the lines at McDonalds because you don't have 5 extra minutes to spare from your busy, drone lives, don't even attempt this.  You don't just throw the meat in the fire and pull it out when the fat turns to charcoal. This is a two-step process that requires a spice rub, sauce, and at least three and a half hours cooking time over low, indirect heat.  I suggest you fire up a second grill for the easy stuff like dogs, steaks, and burgers because this is an all day process and you'll need something to keep up your strength.

If you're interested in the details, let me know and I'll be glad to send you something.

BTW, although it's not needed, I added an ordinary entree fork to this pic to show scale.

Bone Appetite!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously you are not a Chef, this post is indicative of that.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...

You can put some meat on the burner for me ANYTIME, Karmasurfer !

Thanks !
The Canuck

ssSONJA said...

looks good to me!!!!!Everybody else should just shut up

angelzwild said...

Looks great to me, T!!!! Keep up the great work!