Saturday, December 14, 2013

stuff up the cracks, highway star

I was surfing Jon Lord and through tangents and torrents I ended up with this little Zappa gem that cycled me down to a simpler time of love and death angst.



But, then again, Jon Lord had his own version of love and death angst in the form of a Hammond C3 organ driving through Marshall speakers in an effort to match the attack and volume of Blackmore's guitar in Highway Star.



One is white port and lemon juice.  The other is speed and black Afghanistan at 40 bucks an ounce.

In case you're wondering why they don't make music like this anymore... They're all dead, leaving the rest of us with survival angst.

I tried playing both of these tunes at the same time, thinking it might have the same effect as mixing cocaine and heroin.  It doesn't.  But don't take my word for it.  Last I heard, music is still a legal high, so experiment away!
 
So, what'll it be?  Sedation or adrenaline? 

No comments: