Sunday, May 27, 2018

culling the herd

I was talking to a friend the other day and she said she needed health care to fix her condition.

Her condition happens to be a fasting blood glucose level of 237.  That's pretty fuckin high.  I didn't get into what meds were prescribed  but had tons of questions as to her diet.

"I can't drink black coffee so I add lots of skim milk and lots of raw sugar."

I can't hold myself back and tell her that raw sugar is still sugar and with a fasting blood glucose level of 237 those numbers will pivot through the roof.  Skim milk has way more lactose than heavy cream and lactose is another name for sugar.   Natural sugar is still sugar.  Duh!  I tell her that stevia is a good sugar substitute and won't spike her B/G levels.  She insists it tastes funny and it's not as natural as sugar.

"I also eat lots of raw fruits and vegetables."  And that means you're eating lots of sugar and carbs with a little fiber.  

The dialog goes back and forth until I realize this woman is in total denial that her condition is her own fault and she blames GMOs as the culprit. 

She's killing herself through stupidity, blaming GMOs instead of the natural poison she consumes.  Natural and organic may be good but arsenic is also organic and natural.

What's down is up and what's up is down.  If the FDA, the ADA, and the AMA say to do this, I'll choose to do that because those guys don't have much of a respectable track record when it comes to health.

When I finally told her she could drop her B/G numbers to normal, without meds, and lose 30 lbs in one month by eating one meal a day consisting of all the bacon and cucumbers she could eat, she said that bacon wasn't GMO free and there may be pesticides on the cucumbers.

That's when I smiled and thought to myself, "die bitch, and your little gall bladder, too."

I've totally lost my patience for stupidity and realize that the majority of human deaths are caused more by ignorance and the failed allopathic system we have in place, rather than blind chance.

This may be nature's way of culling the stupidity from the human herd.  Who am I to question such wisdom?

       

2 comments:

Mark said...

So what kind of bacon?
I do something similar and am always on the lookout for great quality.

karmasurfer said...

I'm a bacon opportunist and get my deals where I can. Oscar Mayer thick cut is pretty good and you can find it at Walmart for 6 bucks and change for a lb and a half. The same volume of Walmart's brand I found for 4 bucks and change and it's acceptable when I feel cheap but Oscar Mayer is my go to bacon for quality and price. If I don't have 6 lbs of bacon in my fridge I go shopping. Quality always comes with a price and it's not always worth it.

Honestly, I pay more attention to the cucumbers. Only long english and sliced lengthwise. Always crisp and crunchy.