Tuesday, November 20, 2018

a walmart quip

I was in Walmart the other day looking for produce when I ran into a guy driving one of those Walmart electric carts.  He told me he was overjoyed that the democrats won the house.
 
Being in a hurry and not wanting to get in an argument, I said, It's about time the democrats won something, since they lost every single battle they were in for the last two and a half years.

Hearing this made the man beam with happiness.  He said, "You're the first person I talked to who truly understands.  Thank you, thank you so much."

As I left, I could hear him continue to ramble on about how great it was that the democrats finally had a victory and how happy he was about it.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that winning the house and losing the senate wasn't such a big deal.
 
Winning the house only means the democrats will make Nancy Pelosi speaker of the house and congress will continue doing nothing for another two years while the senate replaces RBG with a constitutional judge in the supreme court and the department of justice will arrest all her friends for treason.

As I walked away I couldn't help thinking... How could I, a Trump supporter, in the eyes of this democrat in a Walmart electric cart, be the only person who truly understands the joy this man has that his party won the house of representatives?

Just THINK about that for a moment.   



No comments: