Thursday, December 20, 2007

maybe I'm wrong

Maybe I'm wrong to believe humanity deserves to exist.
Maybe I'm wrong to believe the freedom fighters will stand up against an unbeatable foe.
Maybe I'm wrong to believe humanity has a place in the cosmos. God, there's so much against us. Even our own kind are chomping at the bit to exterminate us, and the rest of us are so totally ignorant of the executioners before us. What reason do we have to live besides our own will to live? I feel so despondent..... as if all we can do is show our mouse middle fingers in a last act of defiance to the raptor talons as they ravage us.
Maybe I'm wrong to believe humanity can survive what they have in store for us. We are considered cattle... consumers who will eventually be consumed by the providers, who will eventually consume themselves. But hey, it's just business. Dog eat dog and winner take all, only the winners will be underground, emerging when the time is right when the Earth is cleansed.
Maybe I'm wrong to believe humanity will shake loose the shackles of "life" and become non-corporeal in 4 years, because I see no other way out of this madness we brought upon ourselves.
Maybe I'm wrong to believe any more than a scant few of us can make the transition from this reality to the next, and that makes me sad and lonely.
Maybe I'm wrong to feel sad and lonely for a humanity that never existed in the first place.
Maybe I'm just wrong.

No comments: