Wednesday, March 02, 2011

yours for only $29.99!

I passed the gas station today and saw the cost for regular jumped to $3.45 a gallon.  Sounds like it might be a good time to market these things so I got out my crystals and resin and put together something I've been thinking about for the past couple months.

It's hard to see from this pic but there's a central orb in the middle of this discoid that's comprised of powdered aluminum and powdered iron oxide in a 3:1 ratio with a vertical DT quartz crystal with 3M resin.  I chose the 3M resin for it's fast curing and high shrink rate.  It's also the only stuff I could find at Lowes at the time.

The rest of this device has aluminum and brass shavings, top and bottom.  The clear resin, not only shows its construction, but gives it that pleasing appearance that makes you want to take it home.  I have to admit, you can't just look at it.  It draws you in and before you know it, it's in your hand and you can't let go.  It must be the discoid shape that makes it so pleasing in a tactile way.  Or maybe it's because it cranks out so much positive energy it triggers an endorphin response.

What makes it work, you say?

The inner extremely high density core won't do anything unless acted on by some external force.  The medium density orgonite surrounding it is enough to stimulate the inner core to work.  An interesting effect I wasn't expecting... if you spin it on a table top and then hold it in your hand you can feel a slight vibration.  I can only assume the spinning is the outside force allowing the inner core to activate.  For a passive device, this thing rocks!

I think I can still make it better by using pulverized quartz in the inner core resin mix instead of the single DT crystal.  Adding more crystals and metal shavings to the medium density will ramp up it's ability to nudge the inner core to work without having to rely on outside stimulation.

Of course, it'll take on a much different look and might not be as pretty. I'm even willing to make custom devices based on the individual.  I figure $29.99 might be a good price for this piece and I can accept payments through paypal.

It seems business and art don't mix. 
Any business agents out there willing to work with an orgone artist?




 

No comments: