Friday, June 13, 2014

comfortably numb

It seems my blog posts have been a little weak, lately.  An average of a post a month gives the impression I don't have anything to say or I may have slipped into a state of long term slothfulness.  Not so.  Well, maybe a little slothfulness with the excuse of R&R, downtime, or research so I don't take on the appearance of a total slug.

To be honest, I've been making orgonite as soon as the weather allowed, produced several gallons of high proof fuel in a colorful assortment of mind numbing flavors, managed to extract monatomic gold from sea water, developed a new design for a field generator, made some colloidal silver, produced some extremely cool extracts from 130 proof alcohol and herbs, and came to the conclusion our present form of government is a scripted reality show just as bizarre as Bob Dole in The Real World. 

"Bob Dole loves peanut butter! Bob Dole has never made a secret of this! Someone ate Bob Dole's peanut butter! If you want to chip in thats another story!"

The extracts came out of left field and opened the door to a level of herbal cures that border on awesome.  I thought the coffee bean extract made with 120 proof corn liker was the closest thing to legal meth but the antidepressant made from honey, vanilla, black pepper, aloe, and some homemade spiced rum totally blew me away with the first, and only, sip.  How can I describe it?  Imagine liquid black pepper smothered with creamy sweet honey and vanilla and hints of tropical rum leaving a comfortable capsicum burn from your mouth all the way down your esophagus.  The effect was the awesome part.  Within seconds after the first taste I could feel a distinctive endorphin rush I haven't felt since the last time I gorged myself on hot and sour soup, extra hot general tso's chicken, and an egg roll with real chinese mustard.  Sorta kinda comfortably numb.

That shit put me in a state of total bliss that lasted the rest of the day.  All I wanted to do was sit on the porch, watch the rain, and know full and well all's right with the world.  Doing it straight might not be everyone's cup of tea but I'll bet an ounce or two in a fifth of rum will alter the mood of any party.

If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll be glad to send a sample.

I would have included a few pics but that would mean getting up and doing something. 
How bout Polka Floyd instead?

     

2 comments:

Sonja said...

I would welcome ANYTHING to get me and my significant other out of the slump we have been in all summer. And I have all the faith in the world in any of your concoctions. I have been witness to them working....so bring it on KarmaSurfer!!!!!!

karmasurfer said...

Sorry to hear about your slumpy summer. Why didn't you say something sooner? I'll bring you something next time I come to town.