Saturday, March 18, 2017

about that storm tuesday...

I was wrong.  The storm that blew through was more than I could handle.  We got a dumpin like hasn't been seen since the mid 80's.  I mean even the post office was closed.  This was a Donner party storm for sure.

As I mentioned on Monday, the PVC CB was set up for solar, meaning it only works when it's light out.  The storm came late at night and by sunrise the solar panels were covered with two feet of snow, effectively turning it off.

I knew this was going to happen but in order to fix it I'd have to switch the frequency generator to batteries to run under it's own power.  That meant working in the frigid cold, in the dark, with electrical tape and a phillips.  To be honest, I just didn't feel like going through all that.

Even sloth has it's rewards and mine was spending three days digging out.

On a positive note, Brazil had a few thunderstorms this week, bring rain to a rather dry part of the world.

There IS balance in the universe.


  

No comments: