Friday, September 14, 2018

maybe i'm wrong

Unless you spend a lot of your day on Facebook, or you live in a cave, you're fully aware of Big Brother, computer hacks, identity theft, No Such Agency grabbing, storing, and analyzing every single thing you've done on the internet since you fired up your first computer or made your first phone call.  Scary shit, I know, but who gives a crap, right?  If everyone's being watched, then no one's being watched.  If it was such a big deal we'd all have a VPN or Virtual Personal Network.

I have no intentions of paying monthly fees for a VPN so I downloaded and installed the TOR browser... for free.

I did a little surfing and found my isp is somewhere in southern India and the Youtube videos are in German.  Cool!  After a language adjustment, I got an opportunity to see propaganda with fresh eyes.  See, Youtube would ordinarily recognize me and fill my home page with stuff they think I would want to see.  As an unknown, Youtube gave me the generic version that they give anyone else without an identity.  Sports, NFL, cats, current music, junk food, funny stuff, and NFL.  Nothing offensive, political, or critical.  Just a yawn fest menu.  The NFL channels feature collections of bad plays without a word about Nike, let alone any of the problems they've had since the last presidential election. 

I never thought I'd say it but the only difference between generic Youtube and television is the pause button.  I'm afraid all the networks are aware cable and conventional TV are dead and they are trying to make their dinosaur footprint on what used to be personal creator content sites.  Places like Youtube, and google wants to make it so. 

I did a Youtube search with the word "trump" and one thing about Youtube that changed dramatically since the election is the torrential shit storm the MSM pushes about how incompetent Trump is.  MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, and some late night comedy pundits are the main contributers and practically fill every page with a non-stop litany of finger pointing at Trump as the single worst thing that has happened to humanity since the great flood. The Washington Post blames Trump for hurricanes.  Really?

I had a talk with a lefty the other day, who was the first progressive I could talk with about Trump without totally losing their shit.  She said, "Trump was selected by rich billionaires because he was rich and they all want the same things... more money and more control."  I said Trump is earning $1 a year as POTUS and she said "it's just a game for him, like another TV show.  They're all in on it, too."  I asked if they cleared this with Hillary first. 

I'm grateful she didn't try and twist a broken bottle in my face, like 70% of the leftards out there might do when the conversation gets to this point.  I didn't argue with her but I wondered how an intelligent, worldly, culturally astute, and broadminded girl could be so prejudicial about the motives of someone she knows absolutely nothing about.

The answer is simple.  If the only news you get is from the networks, cable or internet, all you'll get is non-stop propaganda, all coming from the same source, by way of daily 4am drops.  Journalism is dead.  It's been replaced by talking heads reading scripts written by someone else.  Non-stop.  Over and over until you believe opinions as facts.  They don't call it programming for nothing.

And yeah, I considered the possibility that I, too, am just as brainwashed as anyone else.  Could be, but I keep wondering why the same people who hate Trump also love the FBI, NSA, CIA, DOJ, IRS, antifa, endless wars, and the establishment elite and totally believe those guys can do a better job than Trump.

At least I occasionally consider the possibility I might be wrong.

How bout you?  Have you ever questioned your programming? 


 
                              

1 comment:

Rainbird said...

Yes, and boy, howdy, did we ever get taken for a ride.