Thursday, March 14, 2019

another macro-nutrient rant

I've been keto for about two years, with some cheating on tacos, pizza, and calzone from time to time.  Last week I decided to go full tilt carnivore.  I bought eight NY strips and made an attempt.

There are a number of reasons why someone would select NY strip as a steak to eat.

1.  They don't know anything about meat.

2.  They can't afford quality meat.

3.  They've never eaten a rib eye or porterhouse.

4.  They're looking for quantity instead of quality.

Unfortunately, I found myself in the number 4 category and got eight NY strips for $20 for my experiment.

Let me tell ya, NY strip is almost the worst cut of meat.  Very little marbling and the fat is more like gristle but for this experiment it will do.  Frying, broiling, grilling this cut of meat will always end in disaster.  Ya gotta do something to it in order to save it.  A quick search on the internet gave me a little trick that turned this tough piece of meat into something edible.  Salt it with coarse sea salt for at least six hours makes it edible.

Anyway... I went eight days doing one meal with a NY strip for dinner with a keto snack of either eggs and butter or liverwurst and mustard, or both.  The result is a dramatic reduction of body inflammation and increased energy.  I also lost a lb of fat a day as an added benefit.

Will I stick to a diet such as this?  Hell yeah!  I realized that fruits and veggies are just crap to fill up your plate and beef is what the meal is.  If it's not meat, it's a cheap fill full of anti-nutrients.

That food pyramid that congress came up with in the 70's?  Turn it upside down and base your diet on trans fats and meats and cut out the fruits and veggies and breads and grains they keep on pushing, unless you're a slave.  Grains were invented to keep the slaves docile and complaint.  Fluoride for the old world order.

As far as macro-nutrients go, carbs shouldn't be included.  Proteins and fats are what kept humans alive and fit for a hundred thousand years.

How can you argue with science?

 

I could go on but you get my drift.



        

No comments: