Sunday, September 22, 2019

goodby summer. hello fall

It's the last day of summer.  Perfect for the last time I'll eat sweet corn this year. 

I'm really picky about corn, too.  It has to be cooked up as soon as it's picked or the flavor goes.  This corn was picked 20 minutes ago.  I only get corn at this one farmers market that picks as needed.  As soon as we pulled in, the truck pulled in with a load of corn and a couple guys to unload.  I got the first half dozen.  I also picked up a spaghetti squash and a kohlrabi.  Total cost - $7.

Say what you want about cooking corn in sugar and butter, or some other recipe from people who buy corn wrapped in plastic and Styrofoam.  That's for day old stuff.  This here is the stuff farmers eat.

Later, I'll find some pumpkins to turn into brandy.  Yeah baby, I love this time of year.


No comments: