Thursday, October 04, 2007

winter forcast

I've been looking for hornets nests all summer. The best way I can tell what kind of winter we'll have is to study the nest. A nest built high forecasts a lot of snow, and the opposite is true if you happen to find one at ground level, like I did a few years back when I accidentally stepped on one and got nailed on every tender pulse point of my body. Yeah, hornets get pretty temperamental this time of the year.

I found this nest on the edge of the north 40 about 9' up a spruce tree.
Last years hornets nest was in the eves of the third floor and we all remember last Valentines day, don't we? That was when most of the major highways in Pa turned into parking lots for 3 days until our esteemed govna called out the national guard to rescue stranded motorists and pull stuck trucks off the highway because he slashed PENN DOTs budget so he could funnel money to his pet projects in Philly. What an ass...


I can't decide if this nest looks like Gov. Rendell or a typical mugwump... Like, what's the diff?

This seasons weather prediction seems to be cold and mild with not much snow accumulation until early February. It'll be a good idea to keep your gas tank at least half full and carry extra blankets and candy bars. Rendell is still the gov and SEPTA still needs bailing out.

No comments: