Thursday, May 22, 2008

my new toy

eeepc
I just got my new Eee pc and thought it fitting I post a blog on it as its first function.
Here's a picture of it sitting next to a whiskey glass and a tiny bottle of Jameson to show its relative size. Don't let its size fool you. It's a real powerhouse of a comp. 4 gig HD, 512 meg RAM, and on a Linux system I don't have to jump through hoops getting the cam to operate. So far it works just as well as my desktop with almost 2 gigs RAM and it pulls a signal from almost anywhere. So far, the only problem I have with it is my fat human fingers can't always cleanly hit the keys, and I tend to hit enter whenever I hit the apostrophe... But I can get over that. Besides, it looks like it has a voice recognition program installed.

Hell, I'll be blogging on my way to work in no time, if that's indeed what it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it, I can not believe it's size. That is the coolest thing that I've seen in quite some time.

And I totally loved how you used the small Jameson bottle to show it's size, I can relate to that very well.

I'm really happy for you, T, let me know how you like, umm, LOVE Linux!

Take care,
Katey