Tuesday, December 30, 2008

bread

Every holiday has its foods. Thanksgiving has turkey, Easter has kielbasi and ham, the 4th of July has hot dogs and beer, and New Year's has pork and sauerkraut.

Ok, so pork and sauerkraut isn't a worldwide favorite, but I've managed to consume it every New Year's, except for that time I was stuck in Arkansas for the holidays and had to settle for black-eyed peas.

At any rate, New Year's Eve is tomorrow night, and I wanted to make something to go with the free-range pork and homemade sauerkraut, so I made a loaf of seeded-rye bread with a pyramid on top.

A pyramid seems to be apropos. After all, the FDA has a food pyramid. So does AOL, the dollar bill, and the guys who build the sphinx but that wasn't why I carved it. I did it cause 3 is such a cool number, that's why.

Just to add a little life force, I'm letting it cool over the orgone field generator. Let's see what happens when the guests consume that while pondering 2009.

No comments: