Wednesday, September 13, 2017

goolag

I'm in the process of de-googleizing myself for my own piece of mind.  With the plethora of search engines and browsers available, it's lazy insanity to continue using Firefox and Google as my only choices, especially in light of the Orwellian methods these companies use to track my every internet movement.  In case you're interested, I'm using Pale Moon for my browser and anything but Google for my search engine.  

A simple search for "socks" on Amazon, for example, could get you tons of sock ads on every page you go to, including your mailbox.  On the surface it looks like Google is going out of their way to assist you in finding exactly what you're looking for.  The reality is, YOU ARE THE PRODUCT.  You can use ad blocker to get rid of the ads but that only makes you less aware, like not seeing the stalker following you home.

Listen to Black Pigeon Speaks.  This guy knows what he's talking about.   


No comments: