Tuesday, March 10, 2020

tv cops

The other morning, I found myself in a clinic waiting room with the TV on some kind of cop show.  Since I quit watching TV many years ago, I don't have a clue what the morning line up was but I question why a cop show would be on this early in the am.  I watched it anyway.

The first thing that happened was a bunch of cops broke down an apartment door with a battering ram and started roughing up the inhabitants.  The head cop went to one of the guys and as two other cops held him the cop punched him in the gut, real hard.  I figure that's a lawsuit right there and if I was him I'd be demanding my lawyer. 
The head cop then began his interrogation by yelling questions and slapping him around.  When he wasn't getting the answers he wanted the cop slammed the guys face on a hot burner on the stove.  As the guy was screaming in agony I thought to myself, that's gonna leave a mark.  After a few seconds he pulled the guy off the burner by the hair and there was a distinct circular mark from a 1500w burner on the guys face.

All the while this was going on, all I could think was this cop has got to lose his badge over this.  Hell, after my lawyer gets through with him he'll be spending time in an ass pounding prison while all his savings go to me and my lawyer.

Commercial... Yeah, this is TV.  No pause button or fast forward.

Back to the cop shop. 

I was expecting the police commissioner, or police captain, or desk sergeant, or someone in authority to grill this cop about his over-the-top handling of a suspect.  As far as I could tell, there was no search warrant, no knock on the door, no reading of his rights.  Just crash, smash and totally disfigure a guy.

Apparently, while they were there drinking shitty coffee and eating day old donuts, they got another tip about someone else so off they go to another place. 

Again, they don't knock.  They destroy the door, run inside and find some guys on the sofa watching TV, to which they point their guns and yell at them to stay where they were.  The head cop interrogates one of the guys and, again, didn't get his answers fast enough so he shoots him in the leg.

WHAT!  You gotta be shitting me.  This cop shoots a guy in the leg and earlier that day he permanently deforms another guys face on a hot stove and I'm led to believe this is routine cop stuff?  Ok, there's two guys this cop seriously fucked up in one day.  There's four more working days in the week.  Assuming this cop gets two weeks vacation, I figure that's about 400 people a year this guy disfigures.  Why don't some of these crippled, deformed suspects complain about this psycho's interrogation techniques?  Assuming these injured suspects will end up in a hospital, wouldn't the hospital staff be a little concerned about this psychotic, serial killer, police department that fills their emergency room, every day, with victims that were obviously tortured, most heinously?  In one day a guy was shot in the leg at close range and another had his face burned off on a hot stove.  What's next?  Head in a vice?  Balls crushed with a hammer?  Front teeth broken backwards with a pliers?  Cutting off a toe with wire cutters?

Keep in mind, this is on TV in a medical facility.

.

If you didn't know any better or were a bit stupid, you might think this is the way all cops are.  Maybe this is why some people hate cops.  Maybe the question is, who watches this kind of TV during weekdays?

Things are beginning to make sense.


               

         

2 comments:

Rainbird said...

Who watches this kind of TV during weekdays are wallowing in their own misfortune. Perhaps, in the midst of kicking an opiate habit.

karmasurfer said...

I was thinking cradle to grave slackers who vote for more free stuff and less cops but I know more people who fit your description. On that, you're spot on.