Saturday, November 15, 2008

I married Julie

When Julie asked me to marry her, I jumped at the chance. After all, we've been friends for many, many years and I love everyone in her family. Why shouldn't I tie the knot?



All the props were in place. Tons of food, lots of booze, family members, a cake, two rings, a best man, and a shotgun for her dad.

All that's left was a willing bride and groom and someone to tie the knot.





The best man confided in me that he was nervous as hell and didn't have a clue what he was doing. All he knew was he had the rings and at some point in the ceremony he had to do something with them. I told him not to worry and that I'll give him the signal to do something with the rings when the time comes and suggested we take a few tranquilizers to reduce the stress. We then proceeded to stiffen our drinks with more rum.


It all went off without a hitch and when it was over I got a few requests for my services in the near future.

That's Greg, the groom, next to Julie.


By the way, how do you like my new hat?

No comments: