Saturday, April 12, 2008

orb howitzer

I built this howitzer and shelved it some time ago because it just didn't impress me. Although it has a coiled 3" insulated crystal in the pipe and is extremely dense with metal particulates, it just didn't seem to do much. At the time, I thought a 2" steel exhaust pipe would be a good substitute for copper, which is getting pretty expensive these days, and finding a 2" diameter copper pipe around here is next to impossible, since all the hardware stores stock PVC in favor of copper. I mean, who would use copper these days when PVC will do the job for pennies on the dollar? Besides being cheap, straight steel exhaust pipe can be manipulated into any shape and length. Perfect for long distance cloud busting. Or so I thought at the time.

It wasn't until I dropped a cellophane-wrapped 4" DT crystal down the pipe and fired it up with a 15Hz square wave that it came to life. Unlike the previous 3 pipe orb, this one has a distinct tingling over the pipes and increases with distance. It seems there are two lessons to be learned here. 1) A steel pipe is an acceptable substitute for copper. 2) Pipe crystals perform a completely different function from orgonite crystals, even though the orgonite crystals are embedded in the pipe.

I wonder what would happen if I retro-fit this howitzer to the orgone amp?

No comments: