Sunday, February 15, 2009

herding cats

Sometimes working with stupid people is like herding cats.

You may think by making such a statement I consider myself superior to most people... that I'm an egocentric know-it-all who has little patience for humans of average intelligence and consider their low-brow approach to life as sub-par for such an intellectually advanced Einstein, such as myself.

Maybe you think my rants about stupid people are nothing but venting my own frustrations because deep down, I consider myself as stupid as the people I deal with, and have a need to set myself apart from, and drag everyone below my level, to make myself feel superior over something because of my extremely low self-esteem.

Perhaps you think I might be smarter than anyone you know, and feel threatened by my advanced mental capability, and feel you don't have anything in common with such a superior, god-like intellect.

Perhaps you don't work with the people I work with.



Now, tell me what a three-ring punch is for.

Can anyone justify why someone would go through the trouble to punch holes in a paper using the binder rings when the holes are already punched? I mean, when I saw this in the log book, it literally blew my mind. Am I missing something here? Did I not explain something the correct way? Should I have provided a diagram? Is there too much fluoride in the water? Does HFCS have anything to do with this? It can't possibly be our school system, can it? I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this...

All I can surmise is I work with some pretty fuckin' stupid people whose actions make us all look like Einsteins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They were out of alignment?